Welcome to C-Mass Geofest 2019!!!
This year?s main event will be held on July 20th 12-5pm at the Westville Lake Recreation Area (125 Wallace Road Sturbridge, MA 01566). This free event is for all ages and is LEASHED DOG FRIENDLY and OUTSIDE FOOD FRIENDLY. Please join us at the event for fun, games, raffles, and to learn more about geocaching in the Central Massachusetts area.
This is the fifth annual event that is centered in the town of Sturbridge Massachusetts, one of the many towns that make up Central Massachusetts Geofest. Sturbridge has many things to offer, including antiques, flea markets/shopping, Orchards, recreational areas, fine and casual dining, breweries and Old Sturbridge Village. This particular region is a great place to visit, with 19 state forests, 3 State parks, a National Wildlife refuge and many wildlife management areas. There are also plenty of hiking trails, rail trails, ponds, rivers and places to explore outside. Sturbridge offers something for everyone to enjoy. Sturbridge alone currently has 237 geocaches, and over 1000 within 14 miles including the Smiley Face GeoArt and the Carmen Sandiego series (which has a geocoin)
There will be much to do and see at our main event, but we have also put together a fantastic lineup of pre-events, as well as post events too. You are more than welcome to come for the day, the weekend, or stay the whole week!!!
To learn more about the event and register, please visit the website: www.C-MASSGeofest.org.
Registration packages will be available on our website. Online store closes at July 2nd 11:59pm, 2019.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest updates. https://www.facebook.com/CMassGeofest
- Food will be available for purchase by J.B.'s Mobile Cafe and Suzy Qs Ice Cream .Cash is strongly encouraged.
- Workshops and Activities
- Field games
- Onsite Geocache Vendor: Space Coast Geo Store
MAIN EVENT SCHEDULE:
- Registration 12 ? 5
- Caching 12 ? 5
- Kids Activities 12 ? 4 ????
- Ammo Can Toss 12 - 4
- 2019 CMG T-Shirt Tie Dye Table sponsored by Michael?s Stores 12 - 4
- Meet & Greet with Massachusetts's newest volunteer Reviewer (Massquerade) at 12:30
- 1st Scouting Geocaching Badge Class with Scout338 at 12:30
- Group Photo 1:00
- ?Hands on Geocaching with 4Swans at 1:30
- Build Your Own Blue Bird Birdhouse Workshop at 2:30 (Must reserve your bird house in advance, Message us through Geocaching)
- 2nd Scouting Geocaching Badge Class with Scout338 at 2:30
- Tour of Westville Dam 3:30 (Meet at N 042° 04.878' W 072° 03.438')
- Raffles, 50/50, etc ending at 4:00
Please be sure to log your ?Will Attend? today, along with the number of people in your group whether they are geocacher or non-geocacher and tell us where you're visiting from.
In addition to this event, we will have satellite events throughout the week.
C-Mass Geofest is a program of the Central Mass South Chamber of Commerce with funding assistance from the Sturbridge Tourist Association. Sponsored by Geocaching.com